Great Healthy Home News
Allergen & Bacteria Removal
Home Health Study Results
We remove an average of 98.1% of common household allergens from carpets and upholstery (combined). The common household allergens we tested were cat dander, dog dander and dust mite allergen. This broke down further into the respective service lines as follows:
We remove an average of 97.4% of allergens from carpets
We remove an average of 99.1% of allergens from upholstery
We remove an average of 89.0% of the airborne bacteria in the home, showing that we have a significant impact on improving indoor air quality. This test incorporated the addition of a sanitizer to the cleaning process.
Do You Know What’s Inside Your Home?
- 1 in 5 Americans suffer from allergies and asthma (AAFA)
- Allergy is the 5th leading chronic disease in the U.S. (AAFA)
- Approximately 40 million Americans have indoor/outdoor allergies as their primary allergy (AAFA)
- The most common indoor/outdoor allergy triggers are: pet dander; dust mite allergen; tree, grass and weed pollen; and mold spores (AAFA)
- 25 million Americans have asthma (AAFA)
- 44,000 people have an asthma attack every day in America (AAFA)
- Indoor pollution in U.S. homes exceeds the levels of outdoor pollution by two to 100 times, depending on factors such as whether the residents smoke (Web MD)
- Eight out of 10 people in the United States are exposed to house dust mites, and six out of 10 are exposed to cat or dog dander. Controlling the air quality in your home, office and car can reduce allergy and asthma symptoms (AAFA)
- Each year, allergies account for more than 17 million outpatient office visits, primarily in the spring and fall; seasonal allergies account for more than half of all allergy visits (AAFA)
- About 20 million Americans have a dust mite allergy (AAFA)
- Over 100,000 dust mites can be found in 10 square feet of carpeting (NCBI)
- A typical used mattress can house 100,000 to 10 million dust mites (CDC)
- 2,000 dust mites can live on one ounce of carpet dust (Chem-Dry)
- Approximately 10 million people are allergic to cat dander, the most common pet allergy (AAFA)
- The “dander,” or skin shedding of an animal, is more potent in causing allergic reactions than the animal’s fur or hair (MedicineNet)
- Carpets harbor about 200,000 bacteria on every square inch (Chem-Dry)
- A carpet can hold eight times its weight in toxin-filled dirt and dust (Chem-Dry)
- A carpet can hide as much as one pound of dirt per square yard (Chem-Dry)
- The carpet in your home could be seven times dirtier than a city street (Chem-Dry)
Breathe Easier With Clean Carpets That Dry in 1-2 Hours!
This filter needs to be emptied frequently to insure proper function. This requires a deep cleaning which flushes contaminants while drying as rapidly as possible and does not use cleaners which can leave a residue which can serve as a food source. Mold and mildew which feast on these residues can form after just 4 hours on damp carpets. After 24 hours, molds, yeast, and soil bacteria are potentially producing odors and airborne allergens and toxic microorganisms.
Properly maintaining your carpets promotes a healthier indoor environment
You’ll not only enjoy clean, dry carpets, but you’ll also have the benefit of a healthier home. Plus, we offer professional deodorizers to help freshen your indoor environment between regularly scheduled cleanings!
Here’s an interesting educational video
Additional Healthy Home Tips
- Control moisture and humidity (60% or lower) y using a dehumidifier or air conditioner.
- Wash bed linens and coverings weekly in hot (130°) water.
- Have your carpets and upholstery cleaned at least twice a year by us, or more often if you have children or pets.
- Vacuum carpets and upholstery one to two times a week using a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA (high-efficiency particulate) filter and damp mop hard floors daily to reduce allergen exposure. Ask us for vacuum cleaner recommendations.
- Have your heating and air conditioning system inspected and serviced twice a year, and use and replace high-efficiency filters monthly.
- Sweep entrance mats regularly to reduce the amount of dust and soil tracked inside.
- Have mattresses and box springs professionally cleaned, then encase in allergen impermeable covers. (Ask us about mattress extraction services.)